I spent the day making a few cards. It's been awhile since I made some cards just to make some cards. I also went with some uncommon colors for me--pink. I am so not a pink person, but for some reason, I enjoy crafting with it. Here are a few of my creations from the day. For the Asian cards, I got out some of my Origami papers. Some of these papers, I've had for years, but was afraid to use them for fear to running out. Now that I live in the land of Origami paper, It's been nice to have no worries about ever running out of papers.



In searching the galleries looking for inspiration I came across a hybrid project that I immediately fell in love with, a pumpkin template from The Digichick. I haven't visited this site in many months, but what a pleasent surprise! It has had a facelift and had some fantastic project templates that I am anxious to try.

For the pumpkin, I changed the color of TAC's black and white digital papers to a nice orange and printed on HP Everyday Matte. After rough cutting, I ran the paper through the Xyron then mounted it on some thicker cardstock to give it some more support. Although I wasn't initially happy with the construction, I got it to fit together and finished it off with some ribbon and a tag.

For the pumpkin, I changed the color of TAC's black and white digital papers to a nice orange and printed on HP Everyday Matte. After rough cutting, I ran the paper through the Xyron then mounted it on some thicker cardstock to give it some more support. Although I wasn't initially happy with the construction, I got it to fit together and finished it off with some ribbon and a tag.




No comments:
Post a Comment